19 April 2012

Finally, a skin cream that works - too bad they don't make it anymore!

Argh!

Just my luck. I FINALLY find a hand cream that actually WORKS on my hands, and it's been discontinued!!!!! 


See this stuff? I LOVE it.
See this stuff? They've discontinued it!

Ever since moving to the VERY dry Colorado air, my hands get chapped, split, and peel. Bad. They bleed. It's horrible. It's painful & sometimes I can't even use my hands for days. I was like this evening. I mean, cant click a mouse, pick up a fork, or even make coffee!


For the last two winters, I have been using O'Keeffe's Working Hands, as it was the first thing I found after 3 years of searching, that worked. I have tried everything on the shelves. Everything from Oil of Olay to Jergens, to the stuff in Bath & Body Works, I also ordered stuff with big promises online....but nothing really helped. I even tried Vaseline, Shea Butter, Glycerin, and Aloe. Prolly spent a hundred or two on products. Nothing worked great. But Working Hands worked the best. So I continued to use it. But, even after applying it, I couldn't use my hands for a while. That plus the stearic acid made it sting...but it was also what heals. I dealt with it.


I also use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing formula lotion for after hand washing, since it's water that drys out your skin the most in winter. And I wash my hands ALOT. It's a pretty good product. One of the best I found on my search. It doesn't stink perfumy, isn't oily, greasy, or slimy.


On one of my shopping trips, I had found this little travel tube of something called Pacquins at Big Lots, and grabbed it...like I said, I was trying EVERYTHING on the shelves.

Well this stuff is AWESOME! You put it on, and the pain is gone. It's not sticky or slimy like Vaseline. Didn't give me headaches like scented lotions. I mean, it's PERFECT! I've been using this little tube for a while, and went online to see where I could buy more. Seems it was discontinued in 2008. No stores carry it anymore. I just happened to find it at a store that carries discontinued items. ;-)

I mean sure, you can find it on ebay....for $85 -$150 a jar! No freakin' way!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not fair! Something that has been around since the 30's and they discontinue it! Grandmothers, great grandmothers, they've been using this stuff since THEY were young. It's a PROVEN product. Yet, Johnson & Johnson, who bought the product line from Pfizer, stopped production. They have umpteen million lotions on the market, yet none of them that I've found, has a formula that works. It's a shame.

I've looked at the ingredients, and many of the other lotions have the same. But they just don't work.

I'm just.........ARGH!!!


In my research I've found two products that people who used to use Pacquins say is close. Not as good, but that's what they use now that Pacquins is unavailable. I'll give them a try. They are Curel original formula & Herbacin Kamille + Glycerin

Thank you for listening to my venting. :-)

House-Wise
"Make yourself at home"

2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing a lot of ads over the holidays for O'Keefe's Working Hands cream? I haven't tried it yet, but most of the reviews for it on various sites are 5 stars. Have you, or anyone else tried it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have. I read the great reviews too. It works pretty good, but I wasn't extremely impressed. I recently got a sample in one of my subscription boxes that has been working wondrously. It's called Skin Fix Ultra Rich Body Butter. I love it!

      Delete

 

(c) Housewise 2010-2015 Template by Ipietoon