02 February 2011

The 21-Day Challenge

Simplify  *  Organize

So, to continue on my 'New Year's resolutions', I found this blog, "A Bowl Full of Lemons"  On Jan. 1st she started something called "The 21-Day Challenge".  It has to do with simplifying, organizing & cleaning.  Hey, right up my alley! So, I've stepped up to the challenge.  Easy peasy. It's 21 days of pre-determined steps, to get you started on the lifestyle change of a more 'breathable' home.

So, I started with day #1 today, "The Junk Drawer".  OK, I'll be honest, a couple of months ago I already did the junk drawer, so I decided to tidy it up a bit, and also do the 5 other kitchen drawers!  During the last month, I had simplified these drawers already, donating doubles & unused items, which made my task one step shorter.

Here we go....




This is what the junk drawer & a couple of the kitchen drawers looked like before I started, having already reduced their size a couple weeks ago. I got rid of about 1/3 of what was in there.


Next, I dumped everything, vacuumed the drawers & wiped them out.  Ahhhhh... a clean slate! I removed all the measuring cups & spoons, as I'm going to hang them up in the spice cabinet.

I've been stuck at home for a couple days due to the snow & cold.  With my kids out of school, and sub-zero temperatures, I couldn't go out shopping for some drawer dividers.  Oh, how I love me some shopping when I have a project!  But, I didn't want to delay my challenge either, because I knew if i did, I would never start!  So, my craft-self took over, and I made some dividers.  Once that was complete, putting everything back was a breeze.  It all just fit right in place.  Awesome! 


Frequently used items on the top
The junk drawer re-done
Less used items on the bottom
Silverware drawer, with ONE set
The silverware drawer had to be cleaned out.  We had recently gotten a new set of silverware cuz the hubby was tired of mis-matched silverware.  Yet, when putting the new silverware in the drawer, I left the old in there too. Why? Cuz, what if we needed it!  Pfft.  Simplify.  Out it went today!

So there it is.  Challenge #1 complete.  Woot!  Would you like to join the challenge?  Vist "A Bowl Full of Lemons" here to get started! 



Thanks for reading my thoughts! <3

House-Wise
"Make yourself at home"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c) Housewise 2010-2015 Template by Ipietoon