07 February 2011

Day 3 & 5 of the 21-Day Challenge

So, I'm still working on that A Bowl Full of Lemon's 21-Day Challenge.  And boy, am I!  My house is a disaster... I'm practically doing all 21 organizational projects at once!  My family keeps tripping over things, and it looks horrendous, but my hubby says, "It's OK, because the finished product looks awesome."  Ain't that sweet....even though I know in his head he's saying, "Wow! There's alot of crap everywhere!"  I know I'm supposed to be doing one a day, but I get....neurotic. Ambitious.  Crazy!  I'll start one, and get a little tired of it, so I'll start another, get a little bored, and go back to the first, etc.  I have many projects going at once, yet I have finished more than I thought possible in seven short days!



Before (Lazy susan bottom shelf)






















Before (Lazy susan top shelf)
Nope, I have to honestly say, it doesn't look too bad.  I recently, just after Christmas, got rid of all the mis-matched plastic-ware, and purchased a couple Rubbermaid sets.  Ahhhhh...much better!  We use plastic containers alot. So, we have quite a few.  I don't dig on all the plastic do-hickies though.  We just have containers.

The first thing I did, of course, was empty out under the sink, and removed the containers from the lazy susan.  I wiped down all the shelves, and put some contact paper under the sink.  The board had some slight water damage and some stains, so I thought I would cover that up.  I've never been a fan of contact paper, but it really did make it look better!  


Now, since I just cleaned, and I had already simplified, all that was left was to organize.  Ohhh, the fun part!  I got out the plethera of bins & baskets I bought the other day, because I didn't know what I'd want to use, or what would fit.  I installed one wire basket onto the door for cleaning bottles.  I only have three, so it worked out well. After many different layouts and set ups, I ended up with a very bare cabinet.  Hooah!  Everything made it back in too.
I'm quite happy with the result, and so is the hubster!
Lids all in one basket




Kitchen supplies


















Lazy susan - all containers
So, what do you think?  How long can I keep it neat?  Well, that all depends on if I can get my son (who does the dishes) to put them back where they belong after they are washed!

Now, I am ready for Challenge #4...the Linen Closet!


Thanks for reading my thoughts! <3
House-Wise
"Make yourself at home"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c) Housewise 2010-2015 Template by Ipietoon